Though the MBA is one of the most highly pursued degrees today, students have limited awareness of what a quality MBA programme is about and how they can utilise their time at a business school in the most effective manner. In order to address this concern, BML Munjal University, founded by The Hero Group, initiated a unique MBA Immersion Programme to provide MBA aspirants a first-hand experience of ‘a day in the life of an MBA student’. The MBA Immersion allows aspirants to experience a unique pedagogy, gain an overview of what management education is about, and interact with entrepreneurs and business leaders. More than 44 students from across 9 cities attended the programme which was packed with sessions, case-study discussions, simulations, collaborative peer-to-peer learning, interactive sessions with business leaders, and a visit to a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
Speaking about the initiative, the President - BML Munjal University, Akshay Munjal, said, “An alarmingly high number of students, even though have been preparing for over two years for various entrance exams, have limited awareness of what a quality MBA programme is about and how they can utilise their time at management school in the most effective manner. The MBA Immersion at BMU is an attempt to expose students to the relevance of an MBA degree in building a meaningful professional career in the present-day context, the importance of selecting the right college, programme and specialisation, and making the most of their exposure at a B-School.”
Students from Alwar, Delhi-NCR, Guwahati, Jaipur, Kolkata, and Varanasi among other cities stayed at the campus for 2 days.
Anoushka Kumar, an MBA aspirant from Gurgaon and Abhinav Rastogi from Ghaziabad were excited about their visit and stay at the campus:
Anosuhka Kumar said, “I am very excited to be here. This is a unique concept, which no university has ever done, and it provides a practical and theoretical knowledge of a day in the life of an MBA student. The faculty, the seniors, and the environment of BMU is very positive and encouraging. I am thankful to the University for organising such a day.”
Abhinav Rastogi added, “I have never experienced such an atmosphere before. I liked the game session that helped us bond with other students and the faculty. The environment of the University is extraordinary. The highlight of the entire experience was our visit to the Hero MotoCorp factory. I express my gratitude to BML Munjal University for giving me an opportunity to be a part of this unique experience”.
The entire Immersion experience at the BMU Campus was designed and delivered by the faculty, experts and an extended network of eminent business leaders and entrepreneurs. The sessions included:
- Problem Solving by Design Thinking - students were introduced to design thinking tools in order to learn how to embrace different opinions and harness it to solve problems and develop solutions.
- Taking Ideas to Market - the session involved understanding the core aspects of management education in order to develop a business idea, define the strategy and build a quick business model and pitch it to investors as a group activity.
- Building the Pyramid - the collaborative exercise focused on creating an understand ing of the nuances of team dynamics, collaboration, and leadership
- Foresight: Panel discussion with entrepreneurs and business leaders - the panelists included Seema Bansal, Director - Social Impact and Development, Boston Consulting Group; Ranjan Kant - Director of Strategy and Marketing, Jabong; Alok Jain, Founder - Yumist; Amrit Bhasin, HR Manager - Hero MotoCorp.
- Visit to the Hero MotoCorp manufacturing unit - one of Asia’s most technologically advanced manufacturing facility.