If you think school newspaper is fast becoming extinct and old-fashioned, re-think. A school news paper can act as an integral to improve the quality of education in your institution. School newspaper provides a platform for students to express their ideas and creativity. It helps to develop their critical thinking skills. Moreover, it can be instrumental in building peer-to-peer relationship, while shaping their perspectives, opinion and identity.
As an educational institution, it is your responsibility to provide your students a healthy and quality environment that helps to develop their core skills. An internal newspaper is one of the mediums that schools must provide students to ensure highest standards of education, both academic and extracurricular.
Here are top 8 reasons why having a print newspaper is a vital school activity:
- Improves Creative Skills of Your Students – Having a school newspaper empowers students to showcase their writing skills and voice their opinions. Since young minds are bubbling with fresh ideas, a newspaper is the best way to capture these in a creative manner.
- Builds Confidence – When students get a platform to articulate their thoughts without any fear, it helps to build confidence in them. Participating in school newspaper makes them feel special. It adds great enthusiastic in them to present their skills.
- Boosts the Educational Process – Having students take part in debates, short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. on school newspaper can help facilitate the education process, nurturing their skills and honing them to gain better interest in academics.
- Offers a Better Understanding of Student’s Mindset – What and how your students express on a newspaper is a good way to judge what they have in their mind. In a scenario where the management is finding a solution to bridge the gap between the students and their faculty or parents, school newspaper can play a pivotal role.
- Improves Communication – Student-run newspapers are a great way to build communication between all groups in the school. They come together, interact, brainstorm and ideate. And that helps improve association among each other.
- Helps to Identify Key Issues – School newspapers are often a good medium to identify various issues that would not be available otherwise. When you allow your students to voice fearlessly, they can come up with certain key areas that might need improvements or your attention.
- Builds Teamwork – Brainstorming and producing a school newspaper can provide your students with valuable experience in collaboration and teamwork that can go a long way in their lives.
- Generates School Funding – Like any other form of print media, a school newspaper is a lucrative opportunity to gather funding. It is a great platform to get advertisements from community businesses as well as provides the school an option to promote upcoming events, infrastructure and other campus facilities. This can help get sponsorships and donations from people who want to support.
Get Started Now
Wondering how to start with a school newspaper? Print Newspaper provides you the best ideas design your own newspaper – tabloid or broadsheet – choosing from a wide range of templates. Once the design is ready, upload the PDF file and place order for custom printed newspapers. It is that simple!
Start a school newspaper, and students and faculty alike will express their gratitude for implementing the benefits for your school and community.