India is one of the largest economies in the world and its skill challenges are huge. Only a fraction of people possess any formal or vocational education and training (VET). In order to encourage the growth of VET in both public and private sectors, vocational training must expand in schools and higher education institutions. Vocational Education are becoming quite popular among youth because it is believed that taking these courses provides better employment opportunities than those provided by conventional academic courses. The introduction of vocational education at secondary level through bivalent schools and SSC (vocational) will enable to broaden the vocational education base at secondary and higher level of education.
Higher Education in India suffering from various quality deficits is improving the quality of teaching-learning in a majority of non-elite universities and colleges, enhancing the focus on research & innovation and ensuring employability of students; nevertheless pride, performance and fast changing competency standards are lagging far behind.
To overcome challenges an action oriented and integrated approach is required to sustain the growth story and to transform the skill development landscape. Our Government has launched “Make in India” campaign with an aim to turn the country into a global manufacturing hub and reap benefits of skilling.
Recognizing the intensity of this important issues towards skilling India, ASSOCHAM is organizing National Conference on “Vocational Training & Higher Education towards Skilling India” on 29th April, 2015 at Hotel Accord Metropolitan, Chennai.
Highlights of conference:-
• Major Reforms in Vocational and Higher Education.
• Role of NVQF/NSQF and upwards progression.
• From Employability to Employment through counseling centers.
• Role of VTPs, Sector Skill Councils and Higher Educational Institute in Skilling India.
• Skilling to Placement – A Case study, Success Story & Way Forward for Skilling India.
- Policymakers & Regulators from Central and State Government
- Government Organizations involved in Skill Development
- Vocational Training Providers, Universities/Academics
- Assessing Bodies, Trainers, Assessors etc.
- Organization committed to Skill Development
- Technical and Traditional Skill Training Providers
- Civil Society and NGOs focused on Skill Development
Considering the immense importance of this National Conference, ASSOCHAM takes this opportunity to invite you to kindly participate as our esteemed “Delegate” and set the tone and tenor of discussions in this conference.
We may also request your esteemed organization to avail limited Sponsorship Opportunities in this very important conference to enhance your brand visibility.
Delegate Fee: Rs. 3500/- per participant including Service Tax (10% discount for two or more persons from the same organization)