Teachers are the most important part of our society. A teacher is a dynamic force of any educational institution. Teachers can educate and mold the students into potential leaders, inspire them a drive to do well and succeed in life. A teacher is an individual with proper vision, experience, and a degree of education and can enter the profession of teaching. It is a big responsibility to teach and educate children. A teacher has a huge impact on the nation's growth and well-being. They have an impact on student's formative years. They don't teach praise or paycheck just because they are passionate about youth and education.
Children spend the majority of their life carrying what they are taught at a young age. They will preach what they will learn to change society. Everyone recognizes that the youth of today will become the leaders of tomorrow, and teachers have the opportunity in their outstanding years to educate the youth whether it's pre-school teaching, extracurricular teaching, or even traditional classes. A teacher plays the role of being a mentor, a motivator, a guide, and the ultimate source of a child's inspiration. A good teacher won't let their talented students get away with not living up to their full potential. A teacher helps to bring out the student's best skills and teach valuable life lessons as well such as communication, compassion, presentation, organization, following directions, and more.
Teachers play the following roles in shaping students future:
1. Teachers help in Nurturing the Student's Self-esteem: Teachers have long been aware that students will do better in the classroom when they feel positive about themselves. When a child feels capable and assured in themself, it's easier to inspire and more likely to achieve its potential. Teachers act as guardians to help students feel assured and to have high self-esteem.
2. Teachers help to Enhance the Academic Skills of a Student: Teachers have always tried to offer extra, individualized help to the struggling students in their classrooms; that is the model of good teaching. A teacher has the resources and they know how to construct a student's academic learning plan designed to address areas of abilities and where the child is inefficient.
3. Teachers help in Promoting Self-determination: As students progress through school and then into adulthood, they are required to take greater responsibility for handling their behavior, to play a more prominent role in future planning, and to become independent. All this is possible only when students have confidence in themselves, they are more likely to attain their goals in life and succeed.
4. Teacher as a Molder of Personality: A teacher tries to impart a meaningful shape to the child's life by transferring knowledge and life skills. A well-adjusted, emotionally balanced, and knowledgeable teacher would be able to track and successfully overcome the challenges that the child faces. A teacher's role in shaping and molding students' personality is paramount.
“A teacher plays the role of being a mentor, a motivator, a guide, and the ultimate source of a child's inspiration”
5. Teachers have the Power of Educating: Knowledge and understanding are the foundation for all goals that can be accomplished in life. Teachers provide the youth of today with the power of education, thereby giving them the hope of a better future. Teachers who are deeply dedicated are the ones who truly enjoy what they do. They aim to teach their students and help them in educating in any way possible.
Teachers are truly the backbone of our society. Teachers are great leaders who promote success for students and schools. They play a major role in all growth of students and need to be acknowledged everywhere as effective agents of educational change. Next time you or your community achieve something great, take a moment to think of and be grateful for the teachers who made it possible.
Geeta Jain, Founder
Geeta has an experience of glorious 13 years counseling the students and also didn't fail to set a benchmark by guiding over more than 4500 students. Geeta Jain founded Mediconation in the year 2017. She has guided over 2000 students to pursue MBBS at various foreign medical universities to ensure that the students' life is at ease. Geeta has another initiative by the name Brainmotors and its purpose is to serve society and to spread awareness about mental health care in India. She has been felicitated by the Shiksha Bharti award for the contribution in making medical education affordable for Indian students and has also received the esteemed Atal RatnaSamman for educational excellence.