Characterised by its picturesque locales, rich flora and fauna, composite culture, a huge pool of natural resources, a reservoir of bourgeoning human capital and the sanguine temperament of the local folk, the Northeast is the unexplored yet awe-inspiring region of India. Despite these vantage points and the potential to generate abundant wealth for the country, NER has been underrated, overlooked and its resources under-exploited.
In order to truly comprehend the splendor of the region, one must leave all preconceived notions behind and come here with a receptive mind. North-East India has seen a significant development in the industrial and service sector but that growth has not been rapid enough. Bearing this in mind and with a quest to bring northeast to the forefront, Jettwings Institute of Aviation, Hospitality Tourism and Management was established. Founded in 2006, Jettwings was the first ever private, non-aided professional training provider in Aviation and Hospitality Sector that originated from the Northeast and quickly expanded its footprint across India & South East Asia by setting up its campuses across major cities. It was one such venture initiated to provide an enduring and crucial platform to the youth of Northeast in the field of Quality Skill Education at which the North East is best with that is aviation.
Since its inception, Jettwings - North East India Training Centres it selves with 97+ percent average placement has trained and placed more than 12200 + Students working in India and 14 other nations.
When the Indian service sector was flourishing and the other sectors abating, Jettwings was a step in the right direction. As of today, India's services share of GVA grew at a CAGR of 13.2 percent between 2011-12 and 2016-17 and is expected to grow at 8.3 percent in the coming year. These numbers promise and assure a secure opportunity to the youth and simultaneously transform human capital into human resources in Aviation & Services Sector.
Since its inception, Jettwings - North East India Training Centres it selves with 97+ percent average placement has trained and placed more than 12200 + Students working in India and 14 other nations. Although as we know that North East India represents a mere 3.75 percent of the country's entire population, but JET WINGS stature in 5 star hospitality and Airlines has helped NE India to total the number to 29 percent of the total employees in India. Jettwings is working towards scaling new heights and pushing Northeast in a league of Skilled Human Resources Reserve in Service Sector for the world. Apart from Top Hospitality companies like - The Oberoi, The Westin, The Le Meridian, The ITC Group, The Taj Group, J W Marriott, The Landmark-Dubai , Leela Kapinski ,Hilton , Raj Vilas, Hampshire Resorts and regular recruiters list also include Big Aviation Brands Such as - Air Asia, Indigo, Go Air, Spice Jet, Vistara, To top it all, Jettwings manages to get these companies on campus for the placement of its trainees. There are More than 100 domestic and international recruiters associated with Jettwings.
As majority of Indian population would be within 22 -35 in coming years & India is going to be Worlds Human Capital of Youths in For Next Decade. It is more important to understand that it is not just enough to have a sizeable human capital reserve but its quality is what will define and shape of India's future. So, it is crucial to realize and seize this opportunity and work towards filling the conceivable gap that may arise in the foreseeable future. The idea should be to not just generate abundant manpower; instead the focus should be more on the quality. Having a cache of adept personnel capable enough to cater to the demand of the service industry both domestically and internationally, will further strengthen India's position as a major player in the world economy.
The flagship programme of Jettwings Institute of Airlines Hospitality Tourism & Management is its one-year Integrated Diploma in Cabin Crew Services, Airport Operations, Hospitality and Travel Management wherein the students are given the paramount knowledge. "At Jettwings we not only focus on imparting course knowledge but also emphasize on developing the students on a personal, social and cognitive level," says Sanjay Aditya Singh, Chairman and CEO, Jettwings. The institute great strength is its industry-experienced faculty who are encouraged to adopt the best possible methods to impart knowledge to the students. Regular seminars in association with guest lecturers to apprise the students on the latest advancements in the related fields are a regular practice at Jettwings. Aditya proudly claims, "We have persistently come a long way in terms of dedicated training and placements and have reached the position of a brand most sought after by recruiters and students alike that only a few in the national and global arena can match up to."
Apart from Diploma Jettwings also offers BBA in Aviation Management, BBA in Tourism Management, BBA in Hospitality Management & Integrated Graduate Program in Aviation Hospitality & Tourism Management. Along with Tata Institute of Social Science, Deemed University, SVE - Graduate Programs in Hotel Management and Tourism Management. Another very important fact about Jettwings is its march towards being a zero carbon campus in the coming years. With rainwater harvesting mechanisms in place, disposable trashcans, digital communication in place of print communication and zero plastic usage, an effort has been made to bring development and environmental well-being in the same league.
Jettwings' Key - Features
1. Awarded in the category of - India's Best Institute - Placements in India Skill Summit in New Delhi, by ASSOCHAM in association with Ministry of Labour & Employment Government of India & Ministry of Skill Development Government of India."
2. A National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) Joint Partner Company under Ministry of Skill Development, Government Of India. The Courses are approved by NSDC and part of Skill India Mission.
3. First and the only approved 'Skill Knowledge Provider' (SKP ID NO - 1-1216639331 - AICTE) by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) under the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) From North East India.
4. Accredited for International Organization for Standardization Certification (ISO 9000 - 2008) from JAS-ANZ (Joint Accreditation System of Government of Australia and Government of New Zealand)
5. Approved and Registered under Skill Development Initiative Scheme (SDIS) based on Modular Employable Skills courses approved by National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) under the Directorate General of Training (DGT)
6. Only Skill Training Company Registered under the North Eastern Industrial Investment & Promotion Policy - 2007 under Ministry of Industries and Commerce, North East Chapter, Govt. of India bearing a Registration Number U74140AS2002PTCOO6920
7. Associate Hub Partner of Tata Institute of Social Science- School of Vocational Educational, Deemed University, (TISS-SVE). An Initiative proposed by Ministry of HRD Government of India - Approved by AICTE New Delhi & UGC
8. Webster University Thailand (WUT) & Jettwings offers an international course hosted at WUT Campus at Huahin Thailand, the course has earned the benchmark in the delivery of training for the Hospitality industry.
9. The Quality Training and Hospitality College, Adelaide, Sydney & Brisbane has strategic Tie Up with Jettwings. Which Enables Jettwings to offer Collaborative Programs in Hospitality of 18 and 24 months in these three locations in Australia.
10. Partnered with Miles CMA Review, which is the official partner of Institute of Management Accountants, USA ("IMA"), and Wiley India Pvt. Ltd (Wiley) to provide CMA training across N.E. India & South East Asia using the IMA-licensed Wiley CMA-excel Learning System (Wiley CMA Study Material) and Miles CMA Training Aids in its IGA Campus in Guwahati.
11. Department of Tourism, Government of Manipur through its Higher Tender Committee has selected Jettwings as a private partner for running and Managing the State Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Applied Nutrition, Imphal. Jettwings Institute's under PPP with Ministry of Tourism Government of India is in Strategic Plan to develop to complement the long-term strategic goals of S- IHM Manipur.
Sanjay Aditya Singh, Chairman, and CEO
Sanjay is a young entrepreneur who hails from Northeast India, well experienced in educational research and management. At the age of 22, he incorporated his prime venture named Infovalley Educational & Research (P) Ltd in Shillong in the Year 2002. Sanjay is also the founder & Managing Trustee of Jettwings Foundations, Jettwings Foundations, which has established Jettwings Business School and Jettwings Institute of Fashion Design & Architecture. With plans to make inroads in the domain of Pilot training, Sanjay is now establishing the much talked about Jettwings Flight Training Academy. Designed to surpass all known training programmes in India and equipped with the latest and cutting-edge paraphernalia, Jettwings Flight Training Academy is all set to be launched and revolutionize India's aviation education from this academic year. Jettwings would also offer Optional Integrated University Degree of BBA in Aviation Management to the Pilot Trainees under the most prestigious State University of Assam.